Today is the day! I’ve been putting it off for far too long: today I’m getting Adobe Illustrator. It really has become apparent to me that I need it for my work and I can’t get around that fact.
I’ve been trying to use other (simpler) software for the layperson like me, and I’ve tried to squeeze all the juice out of the editing programs I’ve tried, but it just doesn’t cut it.
Although I would consider myself
pretty good not awful with computers, I have been putting off getting Illustrator because it scares the bajeezus out of me. I mean, this is a fancy schmancy vector software that I know approximately NADA about! That’s not intimidating at all. sarcasm alert
Here’s my plan:
- Get the dang software.
- Take 43947183 Skillshare classes (you get a free month when you first sign up, so I’ll be very busy this month! Sidenote: not sponsored)
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Probably write a novel about my journey to learn this fancy schmancy software.
- Finish novel before I actually learn how to use said fancy schmancy software.
- Finally learn how to use it in time to create the cover for my second novel about Illustrator on Illustrator.
Sounds doable! I’m sure you’ll be hearing – more like seeing – all about it on the blog once I get to make something worth showing.
I’m super excited/terrified and I’d love to know if you’re familiar with Illustrator and have any tips for me as I try to teach myself how to digitize my art. How did you learn Ai (Adobe Illustrator)? What tools helped you as you learned it?
If you don’t know how to use this program but would like to learn it, would you like to learn with me? If you’d like me to share tips and tricks I learn along the way let me know by commenting below, I’d love to have a learning buddy!
With lots of love,