When I started this blog, I intended it to be a personal blog – a story of my journey to finding myself, creating myself, and a way for me to keep track of my personal growth and progress in art, life, and everything in between.
This past year has been the most fruitful year for me – mentally, knowledge-wise and career-wise, and embracing change has been the one thing that’s allowed all that to happen.
– The Golden Letter is evolving –
I wrote a whole post about why it’s OK to change your path (you can read it here!) and now I keep reading back at what I wrote back then, holding on to those words as I navigate and create my new life.
Now, as this blog grows and I grow with it, I realize that my interests have also changed – somewhat.
I still want to maintain The Golden Letter a friendly and homey space, where I can share my milestones with you and teach you the things I’ve learned, where you can come when you need a friend or a motivational kick, or learn something new, or figure out this crazy world with me.
But I want to do more than that: I want to create useful content, helpful guides and tutorials for you to live a creative and fulfilling life I want to share with you every idea and every ounce of knowledge I have in this noggin, no matter how insignificant it may seem.
For a few months, I’ve been struggling to find a nice string to tie together all of my interests (pick a ‘niche’, if you will) and have hesitated to post anything because I hadn’t found it (the string, I mean). I’ve started to write post after post, only to banish it to the realm of ‘drafts’ or scrap the idea entirely. That has to change.
That will change. I’m done holding back.
– What this means –
This means I’m going to write what I want, post what I want and let myself find my way. This means I’m done standing in my own way. What’s important to me now is that I let TGL flow in the direction it wants to, and I’m confident that I’ll find that string along the way.
This means I’ll be posting more about:
- Positive psychology and other ways you can apply psychology to your life and business and everything in between!
- Graphic design: everything I learn, you learn including how to make clip art, how to navigate Adobe Illustrator and how to design your own logo and anything else you’d like to learn!
- Creativity: we’ll be discussing things like how to use and leverage your creativity to make a living, ways to stay creative, easy art tutorials for beginners, etc.
- Tools to make your dream life a reality – this includes topics ranging from overcoming the fear of putting yourself out there, how to teach yourself anything to tips and tricks to organize your time and be more productive.
- Organization and planning tips, plan with me posts, and planning DIYs.
- Simple and affordable DIYs for your home.
This doesn’t mean TGL will suddenly change into a graphic design blog or that I’ll bombard you with posts about psychology or planner related topics, this just means that you’ll get more quality content from me!
Change is no longer so scary to me because I’ve seen what good it can bring and what wonderful things happen within you when you allow yourself to become who you’re supposed to be! You just need a little reminder from time to time, you know?
– What you can learn from my experience –
- Don’t be afraid of change, the sooner you embrace it, the sooner you can start inviting all kinds of good things into your life. It could be the best thing that ever happened to you.
- Stop trying to fit in and let yourself stand out! That’s what you were meant for anyway.
- Stop holding yourself back.
- Share what you know, no matter how insignificant you might think it is!
What topic of the ones I mentioned above are you most excited about? Comment below!
If you want to embrace change with me and want to learn and grow along with me, become a member of our Golden Society by subscribing to the newsletter, you’ll also get access to exclusive freebies (what we call Golden Goodies around here) every month!